This Is The Best Way To Spend A Kid-Free Day In Mailbu
Don’t get us wrong.
We love our kids. And while summer fun includes impromptu field trips, sleeping in and no agenda, it also produces its fair share of complaining and whining.
Two weeks into summer and you’re ready for kids to go back to school.
After a summer of fielding complaints, shuttling kids to and from activities, breaking up fights and the overwhelming lack of structure, it’s time to celebrate with some ME time.
But the fall can be a very hectic time in a household with kids – practices, games, back to school night, carnivals – there’s so much to do and so little free time.
Maybe you can’t spare an entire weekend away from home, but surely you can finagle one day away?
Here are 5 fabulous ways to enjoy a kid-free day in Malibu, a sophisticated enclave 30 minutes from Los Angeles.
1. MALIBU WINE SAFARI: Bet you didn’t know a safari adventure exists in the hills surrounding Malibu, and serving wine to boot! Malibu wine safaris offers tours of Saddlerock Ranch in open air safari jeeps. Feed wild animals, taste a half dozen different wines and get up close and personal with Stanley the Giraffe. Who can resist feeding a giraffe??
2. TEMESCAL CANYON HIKE: This 3-mile hike offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean throughout the hike. Check out the seasonal waterfalls and the skull rock formation as you hike along the trail. Here’s a tip – head left for a steeper incline with gorgeous ocean views then enjoy the more shaded and easier part of the hike as you loop around.
3. MALIBU FARM: Offering outstanding views and quintessential California cuisine, Malibu Farm is the go-to for an amazing California restaurant experience with lots of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options like the cauliflower crust pizza, the spaghetti squash lasagna and the vegan bu thai black rice noodles. Looking for a quick bite to eat? Check out the Malibu Farm Café.
4. MALIBU BEACH HOUSE: Want a piece of classic California for your home? Malibu Beach House totally delivers on the surfer-meets-boho-chic look for your home. Personally, I’d like to take home a Malibu Market Basket in sky blue (or maybe pink).
5. GETTY VILLA: Experience ancient Greek and Roman art in a gorgeous setting replicating a first-century Roman villa. Take a tour of the Villa’s 7000 art and antiquities as well as the incredible gardens. Enjoy an afternoon “Tea by the Sea” on Thursdays and Saturdays in the Founder’s Room.